Social Media Revolution
These statistics indicate just how much the social media revolution affects us all.
• In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here.
• Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
• An education study revealed that online students outperformed those receiving face-to-face instruction.
• eReaders have surpassed traditional book sales.
• YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world — every minute 24 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
–Erik Qualman, Social Media Revolution3
We’re in the middle of a mobile revolution. Are you and your website prepared? According to Morgan Stanley; in five years there will be more mobile internet users than desktop users.
Social Marketing Facts
I often ask this question during meetings with clients – – Who is your target market or audience? How well do you know them? Their habits?
Then I ask them to jot down their answers.
With social marketing so much at the forefront of our thinking I now also ask questions like what they think the average age is on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
What do you think the average age is?
I discovered that many marketers estimated incorrectly.
The average age of Facebook users is 38 years old.
The average age of Twitter users is 31 years old.
The average age of LinkedIn users is 44 years old.
Then I ask them, what are they going to do – to change, now that they know what their target market uses?
If you asked yourself the same questions, what would your answer be?